Thursday, November 10, 2011

Outside of Physical Education Class


I think it is very important for students to understand that all physical activity, exercise etc should not have to be done only in a physical education class.  When I become a physical educator one of my goals are going to be to motivate the students to continue with physical fitness in and outside of the classroom.  What I mean by this is for students to get involved with things such as after school activities and sports, to go to the gym and workout before or after school.  Doing such things is beneficial in so many other ways then just creating a healthier lifestyle and living a lifestyle with physical fitness.  Playing on sports team is a great opportunity for social involvement and interacting with other people with similar interests.  I know when I was in high school I made some of the best friends of my life from being on the wrestling team.  I think every kid should experience that however I think some students are too shy to go out for a sport because they do not know how good they will be at it.  This brings to me to another topic why it is really important that in elementary and middle school level the physical education teacher do a good job teaching these skills because if you give a student enough confidence in a certain sport it can really change their life.  There are multiple ways to promote the outside of class activities such as flyers, over the loudspeaker, have your students go out of their way to ask around to get more people on a team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment